Join Our Oral Surgery Team!
We are always looking for outstanding applicants to join our growing oral surgery team at Hill & Ioppolo Oral and Facial Surgeons of Lubbock. Check out the listings below if you are interested in learning more about the employment opportunities available at our practice in Lubbock, TX. Contact us if you have any questions about the available positions. We look forward to meeting you!
We are hiring! Our specialty oral surgery practice located in Lubbock is in search of a surgical assistant. We are looking for a dynamic, committed, and skilled individual to join our team. We strive to continue to evolve our practice and patient experience, and we are constantly pursuing improvements across all areas of our business for continued success and growth for all!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chairside Surgical Assistant
- Assist the doctor(s) in the delivery of surgical care and treatment.
- Maintain radiology certification. Maintain Dental Assistant certification.
- Maintain BLS (Basic Life Support) and DAANCE (Dental Assistant Anesthesia National Certification Examination) certification.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of patient encounter records, anesthesia records, and drug administration records.
- Prepare rooms for surgery. Prepare instrument trays and equipment for surgery. Have impeccable knowledge of all surgery instrumentation, nomenclature, and use. Sterilize instruments and clean rooms after surgery.
- Monitor patients’ vital signs while they are under anesthesia. Take X-rays as directed by the doctor(s). Make and pour up impressions.
- Communicate with other doctors’ offices and pros lab on patient’s/doctor’s behalf.
- Front Office (Patient Care Coordinator)
- Answer phones and create patient appointments.
- Appropriately schedule patients offering first available consultations primarily, while maintaining the patients’ preference of provider if they so elect.
- Schedule patients for consult, surgery, or follow-up appointments appropriately by knowing the preferences of each individual provider.
- Pass on phone messages to the doctor(s) as needed.
- Receive patients from the greeter and seat patients in the surgery or consult area.
- Order and restock supplies.
- Ensure claims are filed accurately, completely, and in a timely manner.
- Interact with patients and insurance company representatives professionally.
- Accurately track the status of all cases and investigate claims that remain open.
Please send us a current résumé along with a cover letter stating what makes you an excellent surgical assistant for consideration. What makes you stand out in a dental crowd? What makes you good with people and patients? What are your best attributes?
Résumés and cover letters can be sent to [email protected]. We look forward to meeting you!